The purpose of Biggar High School is to enable each member of the school community (both pupils and staff) to achieve his or her fullest potential.
Our aims are to . . . .
- provide a positive learning environment for all which enthuses, motivates and encourages pupils to embrace new ideas and to achieve the highest level of success in all curricular and extra-curricular areas.
- celebrate our successes– school, class, team, group or individual, past and present
- support pupils – to provide a high quality delivery of pastoral care where at the heart of what we do is the focus on fostering positive relationships while developing confident individuals with self-respect, secure beliefs and values and a genuine sense of well-being.
- promote respect for people of all backgrounds, cultures, religions and ethnic origins and encourage and develop acceptance, tolerance and personal responsibility.
- foster effective leadership at all levels of school life to maximise the support and commitment from staff and pupils; empowering through distributive leadership at all levels and encouraging team-work in meeting the needs of all our school community in developing the work of the school.
- make a commitment to sustained improvements in attainment and achievement over time and to ensure we endeavour to facilitate our school leavers to as high a proportion of sustained positive destinations as possible.
- promote and encourage very good behaviour, developing our young people as effective contributors who are increasingly resilient, enterprising and self-reliant.
- regularly and rigorously self-evaluate the work that we do to measure positive impact and identify ways to further improve the service we provide to the school community.
- and foster a positive and supportive ethos which allows pupils to develop their full potential, to promote their intellectual, emotional and health development and to see the value of learning as a skill for life.