Phone: 01899 222050 (School Office – to leave a message)
The first Biggar High School parent council was formed in August 2007 after full consultation with the parent forum.
The objectives of the council are:
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school, which is inclusive for all parents.
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents.
- To develop and engage in activities, which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The council members 2020/21 are:
- Chairperson: Flora Neville
- Vice Chair: Kirsty Campbell
- Treasurer: Christine Wild
- Secretary: Clare Waters
- Voting Members: Kate Allister, Kirsty Campbell, Jane Currie, Sue Hope, Wendy Johnstone, Paul Kane, Flora Neville, Rosslynn Thomson, Clare Waters, Christine Wild
Parent Council meeting dates 2022/23
The Head Teacher, or his representative, has a right and a duty to attend council meetings.
Local Councillors are invited to meetings and the School Captains have a standing invitation to attend the council to give a student perspective.
Minutes of Meetings